Friday, August 8, 2008

Crazy Monkeys!

Jason went to S. Carolina for work yesterday, and while he was gone I did a lot of sewing!! I finished most of the crib stuff, just need to make the other 2 pieces of the bumper and it's all done. And then I'll probably make some other random pillows or something out of the scraps. I totally love it. The crib isn't put together yet because we are going to repaint it (and the changing table) but I half set it up so I could see what it all looked like. We don't have a mattress yet either, so you can see the random fabric I used for the part of the bedskirt that goes under the mattress. Ben helped pick out the chenille stuff that's lining the inside of the bumper and quilt, and he did a great job. It is soooooo soft.
Ignore the dirty crib... we're totally cleaning and painting it! Organizer thingy, made from random scraps. I totally overestimated how much fabric I would need, which is cool because I have extra!

5 comments:

ashley said...

Wow, you were quick!! I love how it all turned out. And Ben picked out some sweet fabric. Good job little dude!!

Angela said...

It is really cute Caryn! I love all the pattern and texture.

laura jones said...

yay baby stuff!!! i'm really impressed by your ability to stay on task and finish this project

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Caryn--that is amazing! It is better than the pics you showed earlier. Wow, time for me to learn some of these mad skills. I'm waiting for your instructional blog post...

Kiersten said...

That is SOOOO cute!! I am totally jealous!! You did a great job : )

Kiersten
From the Dec EC