Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Liam Kincheon is HERE! Finally!



Liam Kincheon Lander was born at home at about 1:36 this morning! It was fantastic. Our midwives, Mirra, Laura, and Debbie, were so great. He was five days late... Monday I got acupuncture, and started having contractions a little while later. They were pretty weak still, but then last night while we were cooking dinner, my water just broke. I still wasn't in much pain at all for while after that, which was great and totally different from Ben.

As far as labor goes, it was pretty awesome. The only really really intense part was the transition and pushing. He came out with his head sideways, which made it really painful! But he came out fine, and is so amazingly cute and perfect!!! We can't stop staring at him, and Ben is excited to be a big brother. He stayed up and got to meet Liam a few minutes after he was born.

He's 8 lbs 8 oz, 21 inches long, and such a sweet baby! He's been nursing well and is totally calm. We love him! The midwives left at about 4:30 this morning, and Ben was up at 8... luckily Grandma and Grandpa are here to entertain him. He was so sweet though, he just wanted to climb in bed and cuddle with us and help me out. He's an awesome big brother :)

Jason was awesome. He and my sister stayed upstairs with me and kept me moving around. He was the perfect labor partner and is such an amazing daddy. He got to help Mirra catch Liam, and cut the cord. All in all it was an awesome experience. I am soooo glad to be done though!

giant tummy. get out baby!



getting there...



pushin that baby out... here I am thinking I'm about to die :)



He's here! about 4 minutes after he was born...



Yay.





8lb 8 oz



Daddy.





excited big brother...



sleepy mommy.





Link to Jason's flickr set of the birth if you want to see more pictures

5 comments:

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

It was great to read both of your versions of the story of Liam's birth. I love that Jason had to remind himself that women are magical creatures who can do such a great and amazing task as give birth. You are amazing! I'm so glad it went so well!! I can't wait to meet your beautiful family. And what a great name the little one got!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Seriously. You are amazing. My poem to you:

Superhero
Woman
All-powerful
Beautiful
Angels
Perfection
Oneness
Love
Mom

Love you and congrats!

ashley said...

Caryn......I'm so proud of you! I'm so impressed that you waited it out, had him naturally, and worked through it with Jason right there. And what sweet photos of Liam with Jason. And gosh, he's just so perfect in your arms.

Tell your parents hello. And Laura too! Wow, it's good to see them!

Congrats.......healthy big boy! Glad he finally made his entrance into this big world.

tara.and.ben said...

Congratulations!!! Great job Caryn!! I'm so happy for you!

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Caryn-- CONGRATS!!! It was funny cause I just got back from vacation and I wanted to see your blog specifically to see if baby came and he did!!! He is adorable of course! I'm impressed that you had him naturally as well, you are amazing!! I think I'm going to die when I'm in labor and have kids! Remember, now you have to get a cute fam pic so that I can design a header for your blog! :)