We had another midwife appointment this past Tuesday, and I asked her to guess how big she thought he'd be because people keep asking me that. She says she's usually pretty close, and her guess based on feeling him is that if he was born Tuesday he'd be about 8 lb 12 oz. So.... if she's right, he's gonna be at least 9 pounds! I made another appointment for this coming Tuesday, but they don't think I'll make it that long so hopefully they are right.
Anyway since I have no exciting baby pictures to post, here's some more stuff I've made. I think I already posted pictures of the nursery stuff, but now it's all set up so I'm doing it again.
This hat is the same yarn as the little hat and socks (except its different colors, obviously) and I made it without a pattern so the earflaps are a little funky. If I made them again I think I'd make them more square and less triangle-y.

Here it is again modeled on his sock monkey.

And here's his little room, all ready for him..... Jason's friend Kris made this sock monkey quilt for us. Isn't it cute??



3 comments:
I've heard about all the food stuff, but pretty much the only thing I count on working is intense sex. Well, at least it gave me contractions, because I don't remember if we had sex the night I went into labor. My mother-in-law swears by castor oil, but I'm too scared to touch the stuff even if I wasn't pregnant. Her 3rd baby she did the oil, and by the time she got to the hospital he was already crowned. My sister-in-law even tried being induced on my birthday 2 years ago, and he still wasn't born for another 6 days.
Still, you poor thing! I think the thing that did put me in labor for sure was my anxiety, so I plan on being anxious as early as allowed with the next one. I don't know how to achieve that unless I already am. You must be so cool and calm, how do you do it?!
At this moment, our friend Ashley's words come to mind..."Look at the talent DRIPPING from this girl!!" The sock monkey bedding is about the coolest bedding I've ever seen. Harmony has a sock monkey too...cos my husband's grandma made him one when he was little, and it was his favorite toy...so she got one for his daughter.
A friend of mine used the castor oil too, about 50 mls and he was out within 9 hours of taking it. Anyway, the baby room is cute and you are a really good knitter ;) The hat is adorable!
Post a Comment