
I'm not usually a huge fan of St. Patrick's Day. It seems kind of silly. But this year I felt the urge to make this yummy Irish Soda Bread, inspired by some samples at New Seasons. Also inspired by the samples at New Seasons... I will be making Reuben Casserole for the big day. Yum. I tasted some while getting groceries today and it was so good!!! I might even try to bake these amazing-sounding Chocolate-Guinness-Whiskey cupcakes with Bailey's frosting I saw on Sassy Radish made with three different types of Irish booze. Mmmmmmm.
So Ben and I made the bread together this afternoon. He likes to help cook, and he's a pretty good helper. It turned out yummy. But not as crumbly or sweet as the bread we tasted at New Seasons... which I think I liked better.

4 comments:
Yum! I want some...In college I did student teaching in Ireland and the school had tea breaks twice a day where they served Irish soda bread. It was sooooo good!
my friend made Guiness ice cream! Mmmmm! So delicious. homemade and with Guiness.
Hey, I don't have your email address, but Corgan's birthday is April 11 and we're having a party for him at 1 at our house. So if you're feeling in the mood to drive down to Corvallis, we'd love to have you!
Caryn I'm glad that you liked my baby announcements and that you don't think I'm crazy for making them so early :). It's hard to keep up with all of you other crafty people :). Oh! And thanks for liking Collin's name. I love it too!
Post a Comment