Friday, August 3, 2012

This week's projects

Finally made this jacket from this pattern: I've had the pieces cut and waiting since before Percy was born. It's size 18 mos so she probably won't wear it for a while... but I LOVE it. The welt pockets were tricky, especially since I had no idea what a welt pocket was 'til now. But I love it!
Then I used the leftovers to make a tiny dress from a shrunken version of this pattern: I was trying to make it about a 6-9 month size but it fits her perfectly now, so apparently I overshot on the shrinking. And a headband to go with it, because no outfit is complete without something ridiculous on her head!!
I LOVE figgy's patterns (from Portland!) and while I was over there getting links for this post I saw that they are having a contest! With a free pattern! So of course now I have to do that... it ends in 2 days so I'm just in time :)

1 comment:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Caryn, that is such a cute jacket!!!! I love it, you did great on it! Can't wait to see it on her.