Monday, July 28, 2008

Nursery Fabric!

I ordered it all online, which was a little scary since I couldn't see it first and wasn't sure how it would match. But I love it! The monkey background is slightly lighter than the other blues, but I think it is close enough. I'm making a quilt, bumper, and crib skirt out of this. Maybe a pillow or two if I have leftovers. I am copying a crib set that I love, but it was about $500, and for $100 I could buy nice fabric and make it myself. Plus I like my colors better! The inside of the quilt and bumper are going to be baby blue chenille, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'm finished with summer school next week and I have two weeks off before my externship starts, so I'm going to make it sometime during that two weeks. I am very excited about it.

The monkey fabric came from Christa Quilts
It's a great website, and the service is really awesome! I ordered it on a Friday, had it on a Monday, plus she threw in some buttons and a sample of some other material.
The rest of it came from Buyfabric

this is what I'm copying...


2 comments:

laura jones said...

YAY!! i'm excited about having sewing club. maybe that's when i'll make you your coffee cuff.

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

I'm a fan of the brown and blue...call it my artistic eye, or whatever! Look at you go you little seamstress!