Last time we checked (I think on Friday?) Liam was up to 9 lbs and half an ounce. He's been eating constantly. I think he has another checkup with our midwife tomorrow. He totally looks a little chubbier every day.
Jason was totally dad of the year yesterday. Our house is really dry right now because of the heater and fireplace. Apparently Liam not only looks like Jason, he's sensitive to things like Jason too. They are both getting really stuffy at night because of the dryness. The past two days Liam has been miserable at night (and Jason too) and we've been getting no sleep. It's also crazy snowy and we can't drive. Jason was going to take the bus to the store, but the bus never came. So he walked 3 miles in about 6 inches of snow to go get a humidifier so Liam could sleep last night. It's already working, we started it up when he got home and Liam sounded better and seemed happier. He slept a little better last night.
Brothers...

Ben is doing great with him. He was sad that he had to stay away from him the first couple days because he was sick. He's been so helpful though and always wants to get us things or watch when we change him or give him a bath.
Or sometimes instead of helping he just climbs all over Jason while he tries to change Liam...

Liam looking at Jason

3 days after he was born we had Ben's 5th birthday party. It was a little insane... well, maybe it was a lot insane. But Ben had a great time.

Grammy Lynn

Sleepy Daddy...

My Grandma got to town on the 16th. Liam is her 3rd great-grandchild. She hasn't seen Ben since he was 1, and she hasn't met Amelia yet since Laura and Jake are in Texas visiting Jake's family till tomorrow.

Laura (our midwife) came over on the 17th for the one week checkup. She taught us this magical Mexican midwife swaddle. It's awesome. The knot in the back supports his head and he can just sit all wrapped up. Plus it looks super cute, like a little bag of baby.

Liam left the house for the first time on Friday. He wasn't a big fan of the carseat. We walked around on Hawthorne for about an hour and a half, and Jason got to try out his sling.

This is one of my favorite pictures of him so far. He's so sweet.

Then Friday night Liam got to go out to his first restaurant. Mommy needed some sushi. It has been waaaaay too long without sushi in my life. So we went to Sinju in the snow, and then got some ice cream. And I'm so glad we went on Friday, because we've been snowed in since then.

My favorite picture of Liam and Jason. Right before he got his first real bath.

First bath! His cord fell off so Jason and Liam took a bath. Liam loved the bath when he got to actually be in the water. He was not a big fan of the sponge bath.

And here he is in the CUTE onesie Ashley made for him. I didn't get a picture of the matching shoes. I will. Soon. I love this onesie. It's hilarious.

Some videos... he is already trying to hold his head up, a lot! He's a strong baby...
4 comments:
Hey! Such great pictures and videos! I loved hanging out with you and your family today. You seem so happy. I'm here at the airport SO close to boarding, but I feel like I'm still holding my breath. Your baby is really really cute. ;)
Liam is just so beautiful, and I can tell Jason is so proud and happy to be a daddy! Its amazing to watch a man hold his little child!! You look incredible too, how do you do it?!
I love the whole post!! You are supermommy. How in the heck did you have a 5 year old birthday party?! And you don't even look tired. The picture of Ben climbing all over Jason is great. Dads are the best jungle gyms.
What a cute little thing!! Love that little Liam! Leigh stopped by for a visit?!?!? How fun! And I just love seeing that onesie on him. Glad you like it. Keep the pictures coming!
Post a Comment