Sunday, April 26, 2009

Liam's first taste of FOOD!

Tonight we let Liam try rice cereal. He's only 4 1/2 months old, and we were planning on waiting longer but he's more than doubled his birth weight, can sit up and hold his head really well, and totally wonders why we are putting things in our mouth and he just sits there with toys at dinner.

We got him Happybellies probiotic brown rice cereal, and he LOVED it.


We mixed it with some breastmilk and he gobbled it right up. I only made him a tiny bit at first, thinking he'd only want a few bites. But he ate that entire bowl (1 tbsp rice cereal with 4 tbsp milk) and then almost finished another. It was messy and fun.

We're thinking we'll let him eat rice cereal for a few weeks then move on to some veggies. And other than the rice cereal, we're planning on making his food. Yum yum yum. I made most of Ben's food, and I had this book that I loved (Super Baby Food). I think we'll just sort of wing it though, I know some of the first ones we want to try are peas, carrots, and avocado. I am excited about the food, it's so fun!!!

Here's video of his first time eating. It didn't take him long to catch on. And about 90% of it actually went in his mouth. When he spilled he sucked it all of his fingers, and even tried to suck it off the bib :)







5 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

aw what a cutie! It's amazing - he is already looking more and more like his big brother and I can totally see traits of you in him too! How exciting. And how crazy - only 4 months ago he was this little teeny thing and now he's sitting up eating food. Kids are freakin' amazing.

Nicole said...

Looks like he gobbled that stuff right up! And the Easter pictures are adorable too! I loved the one of Liam guarding his easter egg! He is moving around so much... what a cute chubby little guy!
Our little girl is four months today, but Im not going to push her to eat solids quite yet. She isn't consistently sleeping more than 4-5 hours at night yet. We'll find out tomorrow if she has doubled her birth weight already!

Brenden+Nikki said...

You are not crazy at all! I totally agree- he looks like a little Brenden doppleganger.

And seriously Caryn! Don't you dare even worry about trying to fit knitting a baby outfit into your schedule. I totally understand how demanding finals are.

ashley said...

Look at that cute kid! Didn't you just give birth to him?? Crazy.

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

Hi Caryn!
i didn't realize how long it had been since I'd checked in on your blog. I love watching the videos :) But, i think my favorite is the naked baby pic of Liam ;) He's SO cute!! Glad you're having fun with them. Hope you are well!