Sunday, March 13, 2011

The real week 2.

Week 2 of the big fancy diet...

I'm down 8 pounds so far. I feel like I want it to be more miraculous, but I suppose realistically 8 pounds in 2 weeks is not too shabby. I totally forgot to take any food pictures this week, too. But it involved lots and lots of eggs, beans, spinach, and meat.
But cheat day! Cheat day is my favorite. We started off with some Slappycakes, which was yummy. Peanut butter and buttermilk pancakes, with chocolate chips, blueberries, bacon and lemon curd. Not all at once.

Slappycakes is totally fun - you buy a bottle of batter, make it at your table and sprinkle in the toppings. It was delicious.



We didn't really eat lunch, just snacked and I had some Samoas and cheese and chips.

We finished up with pizza at Apizza Scholls w/ Laura and Jake and Amelia. It was delicious. And then we played a new game called Small World. Fun times.



This week I'm going to try and do a better job of documenting the 4hb stuff we eat - since the book claims diets work better if you document it and are accountable. Tonight we had rotisserie chicken, kale with beans, and a salad. Tomorrow is taco soup.

2 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Seriously!? 8 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome! I think the only time you'll lose weight like that is right after you've had a baby and you're breastfeeding :). Go Caryn! (P.S. I don't know why you're even losing weight - you look great in that pic. What are you losing weight for?).

tara.and.ben said...

Yeah 8lbs in 2 weeks! I think I need to start this diet soon!
Slappycakes sounds like the funnest place ever!
and I LOVE Small World!! My favorite thing is that you can play with only 2 players so I can play with just Ben any time I want*!!

*make him