So, we survived a week of the 4hb. It was not terrible, but by the end of the week we realized we needed to be a little more careful about reading labels and when we eat out. We had thai food one night, and I'm pretty sure the curry was full of sugar. It was yummy though. We also had green papaya salad, which I didn't really think about because it tastes like a vegetable but oh right, papaya is a fruit....
Anyway I'm a little tired of having beans for breakfast. The rest of the day is fine, but beans in my eggs every morning really isn't that exciting. Cannelini beans are the best though, you don't notice them quite as much.
We made some really good dinners all week though! First was that chicken fried fakerice, then these lettuce wraps/tacos (my favorite)
Wednesday nights Jason works late so I wasn't in the mood for cooking. I had chicken (chicken, olive oil, salt and pepper) and roasted veggies from whole foods' deli, and some tj's premade curried chickpeas thing.
I think Thursday was just steak and veggies, nothing exciting. Friday we had thai food - green curry w/ beef and no rice, tom kha soup with chicken, and green papaya salad.
And then it was cheat day!! We started off with some Pine State Biscuits. I had to have the McIsley. It's a delicious biscuit, fried chicken, pickles, honey, and mustard. So delicious. Also, hash browns.
(pic from carinny , random flickr user...)I had King Cake for lunch. Yum. We went to my friend Troy's wedding and had lots of wine, and they had a little cheese plate buffet so I got to eat plenty of blue cheese and brie. Mmm.
Sunday we were back on the diet and had the eggs, veggies, sausage, bean thing for breakfast. Dinner was chili, made by Jason, and it was delicious :) We also had a mix of kale/collard/chard sauteed with shallots and garlic. Yum.
I lost five pounds last week, but I think Jason said he lost either a couple pounds or nothing. He did eat a bunch of trader joes chili for lunches though, which had sneaky starch and sugar in it I think. So we're going to be a little more careful about that this week, and see how it goes.
Oh and this was breakfast today - I wanted it to be like the veggie hash at Bakery Bar. It's diced onions, mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, radish, and celery, with sausage and lentils, topped with two eggs over medium.
Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment