Monday, January 26, 2009

Party Elves

I made these little elf dollies for Amelia for her first birthday, which was yesterday! I cannot believe she is already ONE!
I have never tried embroidering anything before. It was fun... but I'd rather knit. I saw this pattern from all sorts a few months ago and thought it was ridiculously cute. I think it's supposed to be for a pillow or wall hanging or something, but I thought it would be way more fun if I cut the elves out and turned them into fluffy little dolls. And of course I had to give the girl elf earrings, because Amelia loves sparkly pretty things. And I think they look like they are all dressed up for a birthday party with their little rainbow outfits!

The dolls:


The birthday girl:

3 comments:

ashley said...

Look at THOSE!! SO cute. Love the earrings. Hahaha!! And gosh, look at Amelia and that grin. Love it.

Leigh Nottingham and Jeff Sand said...

Caryn! you never cease to amaze me. And that little niece of yours...wow, WHAT a cutie!
Oh, and thanks for the tip about Ashley's website. Ashley, if you read this. You are amazing too! So crafty!! You look well and happy :)

mommycrat said...

SO adorable!