
Today was my first day of classes. I had constitutional law in the morning, which I took Liam to. He was awesome... he slept in the sling the whole time and just made cute little sleepy grunts. And my professor was super cool about me bringing him to class, which made me feel a lot better about bringing him! He said he's welcome even if he's disruptive. Ha. Hopefully he'll continue to be a sweet little quiet baby.
But then I had my night class... I was gone from 7:30-9:45, and Liam stayed with Jason. We thought it would go fine, he's been taking the bottle like a champ and since it was just a little more than 2 hours I figured Liam wouldn't even notice I was gone.
Nope.
He was SAD!!!! Jason said he cried the entire time, except for 10-15 minutes. He drank a full bottle, but he was not happy that I ditched him. Hearing that he was so sad about me being gone almost makes me want to drop out of law school and just stay home and cuddle him all day long. Almost, but not really. Because I know if I did I'd regret it a week later. Maybe even a day later. I think moms who stay home with the kids are awesome. But I don't want to be one of them. I'm totally glad that I get to be home with Liam (or in class with Liam!) all but 6 or 7 hours a week. I would be bummed if I had to work right now because he's so little. But I would seriously go nuts if I stayed home with kids all day every day. I adore my kids. I just need to be doing something else too. It definitely makes me a better parent. But tonight after I came home and Liam was sad, sad, sad, I just wanted to scoop him up and never leave again. I hope he gets better at this soon. Poor guy.
3 comments:
Awwww, how sad and cute at the same time!! Don't worry Caryn, he'll get used to hanging just with daddy. Good job working on law school, oh my goodness!
oh, Caryn! You are amazing. And little Liam is so cute even when he's sad, I don't blame you for wanting to be with him.
I hear ya with the 'wanting to do more than stay at home.' Me too. The problem is, I don't have a set career! I'm teaching very part-time at the moment. I've been considering law school. What career options would I have with a law degree? What do you want to do with yours?? Hope you're well and enjoying little Liam!
Post a Comment