Monday, September 7, 2009

Biking Bikers who Bike.


I am car free now!

Well, Jason still has a car. But I sold mine this week, and bought a spiffy new bike. Jason's friend Ross had a trailer that he doesn't use and let us have for free. I'm so excited about it! Ben has been biking with us on his own bike for "short" rides if we're on this side of town. He rode about 6 miles with us on Sunday to breakfast with Laura and Jake, then to Hawthorne to wander around and then back. He's pretty fabulous.

Anyway the trailer holds both kids plus lots of room for groceries/random crap/whatever, and I got a bike basket for a little extra storage. And I am going to have some seriously awesome legs hauling 70 pounds of kids around all the time.

I love my new bike, and I am so excited to just bike everywhere.

3 comments:

Strand Family said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. And they are such spiffy bikes. I'm so glad you have a helmet on too. One of my biggest pet peeves are parents who make their kids wear helmets and then they don't. What lesson does that teach?! I wish my office was in the city so I could ride my bike from my house. Mpls is second to Seattle in the amount of people who commute by bike, even in the winter. Crazy!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

That is awesome. I LOVE going on bike rides with my kids. This dang south western sprawl here makes it so everything is too far apart to really navigate on a bike...so I envy you that one! Again, awesome!

Ashley said...

Good for you. And how fun. And lucky that you don't live in snowy ID anymore and can still ride during the cooler months. Perfect.