Friday, September 18, 2009

A very productive morning.

The other day I stopped at Laura's house, thinking we could do some crafting. Of course I didn't bring any crafty stuff with me. I didn't plan ahead much. At all. But we decided to just go for it, and we got her boxes of random fabric out, and got crafting. Amelia helped by taking a nap, and Liam helped by crawling around the kitchen getting into things. But in just a couple hours, we whipped up some pants for Liam and two skirts for Amelia. Sadly Laura's insanely cute skull skirt doesn't fit her. Dang.
It's still super cute. And maybe Beth's baby will be a girl, and then she can wear it!

Skirt and pants I made - Brown wool with blue and reddish stripes, cotton hearts on Amelia's skirt.





Laura made the cute little skull skirt. I want one in my size.

4 comments:

Brenden+Nikki said...

Those are dang cute!! I need to learn how to sew more than a pillow case....

Why can't I live in Oregon so I can come to craft with you guys?

laura jones said...

i'm still sad about it not fitting her. if beth doesn't have a girl, its going to be a doll dress. and i'll totally make you a skull skirt one of these days. @nikki, you should just start chopping stuff up and sewing it together. of course, then you end up like me thinking your kid is as small as a 3 month old.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

I love the sister craftiness you guys have going on!! Caryn, when I have a little baby girl do you think it would be possible to find watermelon material again to make her little pants? I would pay you and Laura to be my clothing designers! Love the talent!

Ashley said...

Those turned out so cute. All of them. That reminds me of sewing with you guys back in high school. Crazy to think we would all still be sewing..... Love it.