Since the bar is over, Ben, Liam and I have been doing a lot of swim lessons, going to the park, and going to the library. But other than that, it gets a little boring hanging out at home, so I tried to come up with some sort of crafty thing Ben and I could do. He was asking to watch movies all the time, and I don't want him watching so much tv. So I asked him what he'd want to make. He said he'd really like to build a robot, out of metal. I told him we had no metal and I had no idea how to make a robot. He said that I should let him watch Iron Man, so he'd remember how to make metal. Then I told him even if he knew how to make metal and a robot, we had nothing to make metal out of. So he said we should take apart the car, and use that.
I told him maybe we should just make play dough, and he could make a robot out of that if he wanted. So that's what we made. No robots though.
Play dough is a good easy thing to make with kids... simple ingredients (flour, water, salt, food coloring) and quick. Ben likes to pour things into the pot!

Stirring... CAREFULLY!

Done!

We mixed the food coloring in after it was made, because I wanted a few colors but didn't want to have to make it in batches. Definitely not the best idea, it was kind of a pain and made our hands very colorful. It worked out though!

Pretty.

Cookie cutters to make shapes

5 year olds are weird....
1 comment:
Love the iron man comments...gotta admit he has some good arguments :)
Post a Comment